Kudos to you, iTunes users! You guys are the pioneers in transforming P2P file-sharing to legal digital media downloading. Without you guys iTunes and legal music downloading would never have the success they have today, regardless of the shutting down of Napster, Kazza, etc. Unfortunately……. most tracks purchased on iTunes are DRM-protected files such as M4P or AAV files, and LilTone currently only support MP3 and WAV format. We highly encourage you to continue buying legal download from iTunes and keep the music/online entertainment industry healthy; therefore, we are working hard to figure out easier ways for you to make unlimited free ringtones from M4P and AAV files just like MP3s. For now, please follow the simple instructions below to convert iTune .m4p and .aav files to standard .mp3s:
- Burn the track to an audio CD or burn the track using a virtual CD software, such as CD Emulator, which eliminates the need for real CD-R discs and works like a real CD-ROM.
- Open the CD or virtual CD in iTunes.
- Click on the “Edit” menu, choose “Preferences”, click on the “Advanced” tab, “Importing tab underneath it.
- Change the “Import Using” score-down menu from the default setting to “MP3 Encoder”. (see image below)
- Click OK to save this setting
- Right-click on a music track in iTunes
- Choose option “Convert Selection to MP3”